At the Charles L. Feinberg Center, we welcome international students who have an interest in serving in full-time Jewish ministry!
The Office of Graduate Admissions must receive all application items no later than the following dates:
- Summer: February 1
- Fall: February 1
Note: We encourage you to apply four to eight months ahead of your expected enrollment date. Applications may be submitted after deadlines, but will be considered and processed if space is available and if time allows.
Talbot School of Theology has a history of strong Christian commitment and holds firmly to the inerrancy of the Bible. We require that an accepted applicant be a Christian believer in agreements with our articles of faith statement (doctrinal statement).
- Pay the application fee of $65 (non-refundable) through the online application.
- Submit official transcripts of all colleges, universities, or seminaries attended.
- The transcripts must be sent directly from the school to Biola’s Office of Graduate Admissions to be official.
- These records should include the grading system, grades earned, courses, and/or examination marks.
- All International transcripts need U.S. grade equivalencies noted, applicant must have them evaluated by the World Education Services (WES) and select “course by course report.” This process takes an average of 4–6 weeks and costs approximately US $300.
- Submit TOEFL Test score
- An applicant must be able to display evidence of English proficiency before being admitted into the Talbot graduate program at Biola University.
- It is essential that non-native English speaking students be able to understand directions and lectures in English and be able to express their thoughts clearly in spoken and written English.
- The required TOEFL score is a 100 IBT or higher
- Since this test is administered only at certain times, the candidate for admission should inquire about testing dates well in advance of the date of anticipated school term in the U.S.
- For information about the test, visit the TOEFLwebsite.
- Submit 3 references. The pastoral reference must be submitted by a pastor on staff at your current church. The student will be able to request these with the online application.
- Affidavit of Support for each individual source of funding. Before we can consider your application, you need to find a sponsor (or sponsors) who will pay for your educational expenses, or you must have the funds yourself (note: Copies of the Affidavit of Support may be made if more than one person will serve as sponsor for your expenses).
- The Affidavit of Support must be Notarized and submitted with corresponding bank statements
- This document reasonably ensures your sponsors ability to support you during your time of studies while in the U.S.
These issues may not disqualify you, however, they have a significant effect on your life and ministry. Therefore, please submit a one to two page (we recommend using a text editor like Word and then copying-and-pasting into the online application) statement indicating: the general circumstances (include counseling and attempts at reconciliation) and your view of the biblical teaching on separation, divorce and remarriage and how your situation relates to that teaching. What effect do you perceive it having upon your future ministry? Please reference appropriate biblical passages.
Criminal conviction other than traffic violations
Having been convicted does not necessarily disqualify you, however, it may have an impact upon your life and ministry. Please submit a one to two page statement (we recommend using a text editor like Word and then copying-and-pasting into the online application). Describe the circumstances in full, including date(s) and the name and location of the court(s), nature of the offense(s) and disposition of the case, i.e., sentence imposed, and the impact you perceive it having upon your future ministry.
After You’ve Applied
- You will be assigned to an admissions counselor and notified of his/her name. Any questions you have concerning admissions, financial aid, or housing should be directed to your admissions counselor.
- You will be notified of items needed to complete your file.
- Upon completion of your file and review by committee, and admission decision will be made. Notification of the decision will be sent by mail.
- Remit required $100 enrollment deposit payable to “Biola University” to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- The medical examination form (included with the acceptance notification) must be completed and returned to the Health Center if applicable.